- Facebook website: Click the Marketplace link on the main menu on the left side of the screen.
- Facebook apps: Tap the icon that looks like three horizontal lines to open the secondary menu and then tap on Marketplace. If you can’t see the link, it may be hidden under the See More link. Tap on it to view all of the menu options.
While Facebook Marketplace can usually be found via the two above methods, the option can sometimes disappear completely due to a technical problem or a restriction placed on an account. See
If your Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing
If you’ve opened the Facebook website or app and the Facebook Marketplace icon is not showing, there are a variety of potential causes that might be behind this problem.
- You’re under 18. Facebook Marketplace is only available to Facebook users who are 18 years old or over.
- Your home region isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace is only available in 50 countries. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon will not appear.
- You may be in an unsupported country. Travelling to a country that isn’t supported by Facebook Marketplace may also make the option disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
- The iPod touch isn’t supported. While Facebook Marketplace will appear within the iOS app on iPhone and iPad, it won’t show up when using an iPod touch.
- Your Facebook account is new. Facebook Marketplace has been known to not appear at all to new Facebook users. This is likely done to prevent scammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
- Dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook apps is actually dynamic and will display shortcuts to Facebook features that you use the most. If you go a while without using Facebook Marketplace, the icon may disappear or be replaced with another one for groups, video, or some other Facebook feature.
If Dynamic Menu issues happen, you can still access Facebook Marketplace from the three-lined icon within the main menu. Tapping on this icon will open up a larger menu with links to various Facebook services including Facebook Marketplace.
How to Get Marketplace on Facebook
If you currently don’t have Facebook Marketplace after logging into Facebook, there are several things you can try to get it to appear.
Log out of the Facebook website or app and then log in again.
Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
Change your home country to one of the 50 supported by Facebook Marketplace.
Use a new Facebook account daily, comment on posts, and add friends. Once Facebook detects that your account is real and not a fake one made to see products, the Marketplace functionality may be unlocked.
Visit the Facebook Marketplace website directly in a web browser. This can be a good backup option if the link refuses to show up on the main Facebook website and within the apps.
I Can’t Find the Facebook Marketplace App
While there are separate apps for Facebook Local and Facebook Messenger, Facebook Marketplace operates completely within the main Facebook app and website. If you’re installing apps on a new phone or tablet, all you need to access Facebook Marketplace is the main Facebook app.